Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ankle Socks


Pattern: Basic toe up sock.

Yarn: Lang Yarns JaWoll Sport Jacquard (75% new wool, 18% nylon, 7% acrylic) 50 g, 150 m, color 120; 2 skeins

Needles: US 1/2.25mm double points

gauge: 8.5 sts & 12.25 rows = 1 inch

Info: I literally cranked these out. They started out as my travel project, then were my only project as I needed to get them done. When my only project, I actually finished one of the socks in four days. Fifteen days after the initial cast on, they were done. This was the first time that I have used the figure eight cast on for toe ups. Initially it was awkward and hard, but I think that this is my new way to go. I also used the decrease bind off method for the first time as well. It is so much more flexible than the way I usually bind off.

No comments: