Friday, April 21, 2006

Top Down Ruffled Edge Sweater


Pattern: My own, thought I used Barbara Walkers book Knitting from the Top as a guide, and Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge for the ruffles.
Size: children's 18-24 months
Yarn: Sirdar Country Style Double Knitting (45% Acrylic, 40% Nylon, 15% Wool; 100g/348yds) 1 skein, color 512.
Needles: US 5/3.75mm circulars.
Info: This is the first sweater that I made from the top down. I enjoyed the technique as there was minimal finishing involved. I made the sleeves at the same time on two circular needles, something that I am not particularly fond of, but may possibly do again in the future if need be. I also tried the magic loop method for the ruffled edges of the sleeve. That is something that I would not mind doing again. Though double points are still my first choice.

No comments: