Thursday, April 20, 2006

Later 'Gator & Duck Mitts



Pattern: Later 'Gator Mitts by Laura Grutzeck from Stitch n' Bitch Nation. Duck mitts were a variation of this. Gators are child's size 2-6; Ducks are child's size 8-12.

Yarn: Various Worsted Weights (scraps that I had from previous projects)

Needles: US 5/3.75mm & US7/4.5mm double pointed needles

Other Materials: 2 pairs of wiggly eyes for each set of mitts. Glue Gun
Info: A great stashbusting project and a quick knit. I finished the gator mitts in about three hours and the duck mitts in about four. The pattern called for sew on wiggly eyes, but I couldn't find any, so I used a glue gun to attach the eyes. I would not recommend this for young children. If you want to forgo the glued on eyes you could also just embroider the eyes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute..i love it